WNBAsMonica

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 11 August 2013

‘Oprah Winfrey, You Can Not Afford This Bag’

Posted on 21:02 by Unknown
Oprah Winfrey bag
Oprah is one of the richest and most powerful women in the world, but that doesn’t stop her from being profiled in 2013.
Back in 2005, while visiting Paris, she experienced profiling when she arrived at the Hermès store, hoping to get a nice bag and instead was refused entry into the store.
This time around, she was in Switzerland celebrating Tina Turner’s recent wedding when she decided to visit Trois Pommes, a top boutique. She told Entertainment Tonight that racism is alive and well because while there she saw a $38,000 crocodile skin “Jennifer” bag by Tom Ford (designed for actress Jennifer Aniston) that she wanted a sales assistant to show her, but the associate refused to get it from it’s locked cabinet and told her she couldn’t afford it.
“I was in Zurich the other day, in a store whose name I will not mention. I didn’t have my eyelashes on, but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear. I had my little Donna Karan skirt and my little sandals. But obviously ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ is not shown in Zurich.
“I go into a store and I say to the woman, ‘Excuse me, could I see the bag right above your head?’ and she says to me, ‘No. It’s too expensive.’[...]I left the store but it proves that racism is still an issue. There’s two different ways to handle it.  I could’ve had the whole blow-up thing… but racism still exists, of course it does.’
Putting a spin on things, the boutique’s owner Trudie Götz spoke out on the incident, while claiming it didn’t have anything to do with race and it was just “a misunderstanding between her and Oprah.” She also said that she won’t be firing her associate because it all boils down to the fact that her employee doesn’t speak English well.
I thought her English was not quite as good as that of Oprah. She only meant well. She said it just fine, did everything right. I can not blame the staff. I see no reason to dismiss [her].
According to Oprah, no matter what her financial or fame status is, she’s still battling racism and sexism in boardrooms across the world.
True racism is being able to have power over somebody else. So that doesn’t happen to me that way. It shows up for me this way, it shows up that sometimes I’m in a boardroom or I’m in certain situations where I’m the only woman, or I’m the only African American person within a 100-mile radius, and I can see in the energy of the people there, they don’t sense that I should be holding one of those seats. I can sense that. I can never tell is it racism or is it sexism, because often it’s both. The sexism thing is huge. The higher the ladder you climb, it gets huge.
According to Forbes, for the last year ending in June, Oprah made $77 million.
Forget the bag — she could have bought every boutique on that block if she wanted to.
Spotted: DailyMail
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Bishop OC Allen III and His First Gentleman Adopts a Baby Girl
    Atlanta based Pastor, Bishop O.C. Allen III of the Vision Church and his husband, Rashad Burgess recently added a beautiful little addition...
  • Shockng News: Kerry Rhodes the first GAY NFL PLAYER?
    Former Arizona Cardinals player, Kerry Rhodes has been outted by his alleged ex boyfriend, Russell "Hollywood" Simpson . Rhodes i...
  • LisaRaye and Bishop Noel Jones Are Officially Dating
    That's right Actress and all around American eye candy, LisaRaye has gotten herself a preacher man. Bishop Noel Jones , brother of the ...
  • Chris Brown's Father was Against him and Rihanna Getting Back Together
    Chris Brown’s father says he was against his son and Rihanna getting back together. Clinton Brown told the “New York Daily News” that he w...
  • Beyonce’s Swarovski Nipple Bodysuit took 600 Hours to MAKE!
    Pic: NecoleBitchie.com BOW DOWN! Beyonce wants you all to bow down!!!!!! Nah that can’t possibly be Beyonce! Sasha Fierce wants you all to B...
  • Toya Wright’s Sexy Photo Shoot
    Source: http://instagram.com/toyawright/ Toya Wright has a new clothing line in the makes and she recently shared some photos from the photo...
  • Music News: LAPD Investigating Death Threats Made Against Chris Brown
    Pop singer Chris Brown has recently received death threats that are currently under investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department. TMZ...
  • Janelle Monae released “Q.U.E.E.N.” video and performs LIVE on Bet’s 106 & Park
    Kicking off the first of the month, JanelleMonae  stopped by “ 106 & PARK ”s” live show on Wednesday to release the World Premiere for “...
  • Relentless Ties By Justice Bahlee Available on Amazon.com!!!
    Five Star Rating on Amazon!!! Relentless Ties by Justice Bahlee Own your copy today!!! Click Here to Buy   The mean streets of Washington, ...
  • Save Your Skin From Old Age
    Hello my beauties I hope you had a wonderful week as I did. Today I will be talking about skin care. We all have very busy lives with cons...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (500)
    • ▼  August (28)
      • PHOTOS : Rasheeda & Kirk Forst Baby Shower, Kandi ...
      • VIDEO: Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Reunion Part Two
      • PHOTOS : Cynthia Bailey’s 2013 Annual ‘Renaissance...
      • Nicki Minaj Films ‘I Wanna Be With You’ Video With...
      • ‘Oprah Winfrey, You Can Not Afford This Bag’
      • Spotted Stuntin’ On The Scene: Kelis, Melanie Fion...
      • Naya Rivera Takes A Swipe At Big Sean’s Exes With ...
      • Kandi Burruss Starts New Foundation For Single Mot...
      • K. Michelle “Rebellious Soul” Listening Party At F...
      • Photos: Singer Chris Brown suffers seizure from st...
      • Justice Bahlee's Most Anticipated Novel of The Yea...
      • Justice Bahlee to Release New Guide on Debt: Becom...
      • Usher's ex-wife says son's accident scene was 'chaos'
      • VIDEO: Love and Hip Hop Atlanta Season 2 Reunion, ...
      • The Queen of POP Turns 50: RIP Whitney Houston
      • Swiss Apology for Oprah After Racist Incident
      • Justice Bahlee to Release New Guide on Debt: Becom...
      • Justice Bahlee's Most Anticipated Novel of The Yea...
      • Robin Thicke Reveals Paula Patton Wouldn’t Take Hi...
      • Raven-Symone Comes Out…
      • Ellen Degeneres to Host the Oscars
      • UPDATE: A Thinner Kim Appears on Kris Jenner’s Tal...
      • V103′s Big Tigger, T-Pain, Bertell, Jazze Pha, & m...
      • DJ Khaled Explains Why He Was Joking About Marryin...
      • Will.i.am Might be Joining “American Idol”
      • 2 Chainz Says He Caught Heat For “Feds Watching” V...
      • Jay Z, Beyoncé Meet North West
      • Azealia Banks Cancels Lollapalooza Performance
    • ►  July (71)
    • ►  June (114)
    • ►  May (146)
    • ►  April (138)
    • ►  March (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile